Blown Away By Sunday Riley: The Power Couple

13 November 2016


It’s pretty rare you notice a significant improvement in your skin merely days after using a new product on it, but that’s exactly what happened when I got my hands on Sunday Riley’s Power Couple.


I’d seen people raving about Sunday Riley’s Luna for a while now, I mean you have to have been living under a rock (or without an internet connection but that’s kind of the same thing) to not have heard about it, but hadn’t been able to bring myself to shell out the $154 for a bottle of it.

However, during a routine perusal of the Mecca Cosmetica website, I came across the Power Couple gift set from Sunday Riley, containing 15mL bottles of Luna and Good Genes.

Although still expensive at $114, I felt it was worth it for two miniatures, which gave me the chance to try them to see if they really are worth the price.  


When they say Power Couple, they mean it. I’ve been using these both religiously for about five days now. In the mornings, I apply Good Genes onto a clean, cleansed face and then moisturiser, makeup and so on over the top. I apply Luna at night after cleansing and before moisturiser.

I feel like out of the two, Luna definitely has the most kick to it. Good Genes is good, but it’s with Luna where I’m noticing the most difference after use.

My major skin concerns are blackheads; I’ve got a bit of redness on my chin and nose but nothing noticeable and is mainly undetectable with makeup. I find Luna definitely makes my pores look smaller and my blackheads less noticeable.

Before using Luna, I noticed that whenever I cleansed my face, the blackheads were undetectable at first, but after about five minutes they looked as obvious as ever. However, applying Luna at night, I often wake in the morning to find my pores looking as clear as they did when I cleansed it the night before.   


As someone who has always been really self-conscious of their skin, it’s rare that I ever look at my skin without makeup and am actually happy with what I’m seeing, but I’ve definitely had that moment a few times in the five days I’ve been using these products.

Luna is definitely a true oil, it isn’t too greasy on the skin but you can still tell you’ve applied oil to your face, however it is a night oil so it’s not a big deal. It’s almost blue-green in colour, it applies blue to the skin but once it’s massaged in you can barely tell it’s there (unless your skin is so pale it’s almost translucent like my own in that you can definitely tell I’ve just applied blue oil to my face.) The applicator is a little dropper which is great for dispensing the 2-3 drops you need for your face. The scent of Luna reminds me of getting a massage in Bali, any other Aussies think that too?

Good Genes is more of a cream, it’s obviously thicker in texture and comes in a pump bottle. You need a good one or two pumps to cover your face with this one.

Swatches: Luna on top, Good Genes below

The full size (30mL) bottle of Luna and Good Genes both retail for $154 each, this set costs $114. Considering that 15mL of either of Luna or Good Genes would cost $77 according to the full size price, that fact that you’re getting 15mL of each for $114 is kind of amazing.

If you’re at all considering trying either of these products I would highly recommend getting the Power Couple set. I know I’ll definitely be buying the full size bottle of Luna when this one runs out; the verdict is still out on whether I’d repurchase Good Genes.  

Have you tried either of these products or any other Sunday Riley products that you’d recommend? Let me know, I’m on the lookout for new skincare saviours.

Sunday Riley Power Couple is available for $114 here at Mecca, 30mL size of Luna retails for $154 here at Mecca and the 30mL size of Good Genes also retails for $154 here at Mecca.

FOLLOW ME:

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ellie rossa. Design by Fearne.