Today I took a trip to Mecca with the intention of buying
the Sarah Moon Mind Game Velvet LipGlide Set but instead came out with the Sarah Moon Collection Recurring Dare Cheek & Lip Palette
instead, woah that’s a mouthful.
It's honestly such a gorgeous palette, and I wanted to share with you my first impressions.
The problem with the Velvet Lip Glide set is that three of
the colours leaned very pink/purple in colour, one almost bright purple and
definitely not colours I could pull off with my red hair. However, my
disappointment was fleeting as I spotted the cheek and lip palette and was
instantly in love. The three blusher shades were right up my street and the
highlight is pale enough that I can actually wear it. The hook, line and sinker
moment came when I swatched the lip pencil on the back of my hand. I’m a sucker
for brown-toned reds and Golshan is just
that. I was in love already.
The Recurring Dare
Cheek & Lip Palette contains one highlighter blush; Albatross, and three blushes Sex Appeal, Illusive and Make Believe. It also comes with a full
size Satin Lip Pencil in Golshan. Albatross, Sex Appeal and Golshan are all permanent
shades/products however Illusive and Make Believe are unique to this palette.
![]() |
| L-R: Albatross, Sex Appeal, Illusive and Make Believe. Satin Lip Pencil in Golshan |
The front of the palette is the beautifully etheral Sarah Moon imaging (is anyone else in love with all the packaging for this collection?). The palette seems to be really sturdy and feels secure when closed which is great because there's really nothing worse then dropping a palette, it's like a knife to the heart.
The Shades
Albatross is a
very pale yellow/white highlighter blush with gold shimmer. I think due to
colour it will make a great highlight for those with more pale skin, but may be
too obvious/too white on those with deeper skin tones. Sex Appeal is described as soft peach, Illusive is a medium pinky-coral and Make Believe is a brighter, medium-pink coral. (Shade descriptions
from this post by Temptalia, I’m not
great at describing colours!)
Golshan is a
beautiful brown-toned brick red. It’s part of NARS’ Satin Lip Pencil
collection, and thus goes on very creamy with a light sheen. I was amazed by
how pigmented this one was as I own a few other Satin Lip Pencils including
another shade of red and don’t recall that one being this pigmented. I find
this is very similar to my favourite red lipstick EVER which is Fire Down Below from NARS’ regular
lipstick line.
![]() |
| Swatches, L-R: Albatross, Sex Appeal, Illusive, Make Believe and Golshan |
There is actually two of the Cheek & Lip Palettes from
the Sarah Moon collection, but from what I can ascertain, Mecca Cosmetica is
only stocking Recurring Dare. The
other palette is called True Story,
the blushes are darker, more berry in colour and the lip pencil is just more of
a normal red. I think that Recurring Dare
is definitely more suited to fairer skin tones and am thus happy that Mecca
is stocking Recurring Dare and not True Story (although it would be awesome
if they stocked both!).
So these are my first impressions, I’m yet to put them on my
face but I don’t think I’ll be disappointed, let me know if you’re interested
in seeing my opinions on them a little further down the track!
The Recurring Dare Cheek and Lip Palette is available here from Mecca Cosmetica for $85
FOLLOW ME:





How similar would you say it is to Temptalia's swatches? It looks too bright on Temptalia's site but your swatches look perfect for me.
ReplyDelete