Having extremely pale skin (like so pale that only two brands stock foundation in my colour), I always thought contour
was something I would never be able to pull off because any sort of brown
powder on my face would be far too obvious and make me look like I'm covered in dirt.
However, Anna, from theannaedit.com has raved about the
Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in many hundreds of blog posts and videos, so I
knew I had to give this one the time of day.
The Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder comes in three shades – light, medium and dark, meaning there’s a powder to suit all skin tones.
It’s a bit hard to get your hands on here in Australia, you
won’t be able to find it in store, only online – I’ll put the retailers at the
end of the post. It is also definitely on the pricey side, worth it definitely,
but pricey. I have however found one retailer that is selling it for a
considerable lower price point, score.
It was a bit of a wait for shipping too from Beauty Bay, but
it was totally worth it.
The compact itself is tiny, you’ll be surprised just how
small it actually is. The packaging has a very luxurious feel to it, with gold
fittings and deep maroon case.
The powder is beautiful and pigmented too. When applying this, you don’t need to swish your brush around the pan to get adequate product, not at all, you simple just touch your brush to the pan and you have more than enough.
The good thing about this powder is that it’s really
buildable. You can start with a barely-there, extremely subtle contour and then
work your way up to the illusion of actually having cheekbones. It’s a win for
all.
I think this contour really is the contour for everyone.
There’s several shades, it’s buildable and for a contour-virgin such as myself,
this was really easy to use considering that it does make such a difference.
Kim Kardashian level contour? Hm not yet maybe, but I’m on
my way.
Do you guys know of any other great contour products that
are easy to use?
Retailers:

Post a Comment